If your pet is sick or is recovering from surgery, they need special care and attention. If you’re busy or are always traveling for work, it’s hard to provide the care they need. That’s where pet medical boarding comes in.
But are they trustworthy? Can they take care of your pet the way you would? Here’s what you need to know about pet medical boarding facilities.
What Is Pet Medical Boarding?
Pet medical boarding is when you leave your pet at a facility while you’re away. The staff will take care of them and ensure they get the proper care and attention they need.
In general, these businesses are licensed and insured. They’re also staffed with veterinarians and veterinary technicians. This way, if your pet needs medical attention, they can get it immediately. For instance, kittens and puppies getting shots for the first time can stay at these facilities. See here on this link about how it works.
What Services Do Pet Medical Boarding Facilities Offer?
The services pet medical boarding facilities offer depend on the business. However, in general, they can provide:
- A temporary, safe place for your pet to stay
- Basic care, such as feeding and walking
- Vaccinations and other medical care
- Exercise and playtime
- Grooming services
- Lab tests
Benefits of a Pet Medical Boarding Facility
There are many advantages of using a pet medical boarding facility, such as:
- Peace of mind. You’ll know your pet is in good hands and will be taken care of while you’re away. It’s because their staff are well-trained and must follow certain guidelines. Visit this medical boarding in California if you’re in the area to see what they offer.
- Your pet gets the care they need. If your pet suffered from an injury, they could get the treatment they need immediately. It’s because there are veterinarians and veterinary technicians on staff. For instance, if You need to have your pet tested for parasites, you don’t need to look for another veterinary lab in LA or wherever you are.
- Better care. These businesses are staffed with professionals who can provide better care for your pet than you can on your own.
- Flexible scheduling. You can drop off your pet before you leave and pick them up when you return. This is perfect if you’re taking a last-minute trip or if your plans change.
Drawbacks of a Pet Medical Boarding Facility
There are also drawbacks of these facilities, including:
- Cost. Pet medical boarding can be expensive, especially if your pet needs a lot of care. The overall costs depend on the business, the length of your stay, and the services you need.
- Not all facilities are created equal. Some may not be as clean or well-run as others. It’s important to do your research to find a reputable business.
- Availability. Not all areas have pet medical boarding facilities. This means that you may have to travel to a different city or state to find one.
- Limited space. They may accommodate a limited number of pets at a time, so you might need to book in advance.
- Limited options. They may not provide the same amenities as a regular boarding facility, such as swimming pools and play areas. Also, if your pet needs a specialized vet medical service, such as a complicated surgery, you may still need to go to an animal hospital.
The Bottom Line
Pet medical boarding facilities can be a great option for pet owners. They offer many benefits, such as peace of mind, flexible scheduling, and better care. However, they also have some drawbacks, such as cost and availability. Before using one of these facilities, be sure to do your research to find a reputable facility.